Saturday, January 3, 2009

How much time do you need to play?


Alicia, a wonderful 3 and 1/2 year old (who is Helena's neice and who happens to look quite a lot like her), came for a sleepover this past week. Her energy was voluminous, her dance instruction quite easy to follow, and her insistence on play was, well, remarkable. In the morning she asked me if I wanted to play, and I told her I would love to after breakfast because the food would be ready in just a minute. "Let's just play for a minute," she said. She knows what's important and the secret of ages -- you only need a minute to play!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good sparkly beginning to 2009!

About A Little Bit of Sparkle said...

I think so -- Alicia is like a little sparkle bomb!

This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.