Last Christmas (in 2007), my mom gave me angels by the heavenload -- enough to fill a tree (as I said I would do with angels if I were to pick a theme). Since Nancy, Helena, and I go to different ends of the earth for the holidays, we decided that instead of decorating a tree, we'd decorate our living room. So, as part of a new early year ritual, we "raised the angels," that is, strung these angels across the living room, whispering wishes to each one as we hung them. We also put up some festive lights and our living room feels especially warm and good and full of love that will, we hope, carry us through to the first day of spring.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Angel Raising
Last Christmas (in 2007), my mom gave me angels by the heavenload -- enough to fill a tree (as I said I would do with angels if I were to pick a theme). Since Nancy, Helena, and I go to different ends of the earth for the holidays, we decided that instead of decorating a tree, we'd decorate our living room. So, as part of a new early year ritual, we "raised the angels," that is, strung these angels across the living room, whispering wishes to each one as we hung them. We also put up some festive lights and our living room feels especially warm and good and full of love that will, we hope, carry us through to the first day of spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- About A Little Bit of Sparkle
- This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment