Monday, January 5, 2009

Ode to Carrot Juice

Oh, how I love thee carrot juice! Let me count the ways! Nay -- they are too numerous and cumbersome for such a light and lovely drink. 

If you've never tried carrot juice, find a place that can make you some on the spot. I've never had the canned stuff, but the bottled stuff is only so-so compared to the fresh juice. 

Here is a website that offers a few recipes for carrot juice with other fruit. http://www.carrotjuice.com/recipes-carrotjuicewithfruit.html. This morning, Nancy and I juiced about 12 large carrots, 1 orange, and 1 lime (Nancy will put lime in just about anything -- except when she's putting peanut butter in something -- actually, come to think of it, she'll put both in the same dish). Anyway, this drink was delicious! This made about 4 cups.

Here's a tip: chew your juice. Back in the early 90s, a friend of mine read that helped with digestion. Even if it doesn't, it makes juice drinking more, um, exciting? 

If you try some juice, let me know what you think!



No comments:

This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.