Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thank You, Cherries!




Nancy loves sour cherries. And she loves making art. And today she loved making art using local sour cherries, the first of our bounty from a local farm in exchange for Nancy's artistic gifts (oh, the perks!). These cherries reminded me of the delectable cherries (among other things) painted by Giovanna Garzoni that Nancy introduced me to. Nancy, on her last trip to Italy, went to the Uffizi with a postcard of Garzoni's work. Well, let's just say that six museum guards later, she was finally directed to a dimly lit room that housed her work. And, evidently, it was worth the effort! Sweet! I mean...

No comments:

This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.