Last night I took a belly dancing class at Inspirit Common in Hadley. it was amazing to stretch and to move my body like that. I took a few lessons over 10 years ago, but I wasn't ready to celebrate my body the way that belly dancing insists you do. I think I'm ready now! If you'd like to take classes, they're on Monday nights at 7:30 and you can find out more about Inspirit Common and the classes they offer here:
http://www.inspiritcommon.com/yoga/felicia_mcneill.shtml.
This is not a picture of my teacher (in fact we had a substitute--who was great--so I haven't met the regular teacher yet). I just found it on the internet and thought it was beautiful (I'm having a recent desire to be surrounded by pink -- I think this happened to dear Charlie a few years back), AND it just happened to be of a teacher in Santa Cruz, where I lived for a couple of years. Here's a link to this teacher's website, you know, just in case you ever happen to be in Santa Cruz and feel like taking a belly dancing class:
http://saharbellydance.com/bio.html.
No comments:
Post a Comment