Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sweeter than Candy

As I was talking to my dear friend Kendra this evening, I heard a strange sound in the background. "What was that?" I asked her. "A sugar glider," she replied-- nonchalantly I might add. "What's that?" "A marsupial that's smaller than a chipmunk." Honest to goodness, I thought she was making this up (she has been known for such creative whimsy), and all I could picture was one of those toys on wheels that you put on a wire and let slide back and forth balancing with weights on either side. Well, this "made up" creature has a name, Honey Face, and Kendra, seduced by the cuteness (see for yourself) brought her home this past weekend. Considering the slightly cooler reception of Peter and the potential mutiny of the older and larger animals in the house, Honey Face may need to find a new home. I just have to say that I love Kendra for her love of little creatures and for this utterly spontaneous act, which, despite her tremendous capacity for the fantastical within her mind, is usually one of my more practical friends (except maybe when it comes to shoes...and now maybe small marsupials). Thanks for expanding my world!

PS This video is quite fun! Makes me think of the Bjork song they use in an entirely new way!

No comments:

This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.