Friday, June 13, 2008

In the synchronistic flow

Soooooo....I was talking to Summer on the phone last night and I hear Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds playing in Helena's room. Surprised, I ask her about it, and she tells me it's a Leonard Cohen cover. Well, then I see that on the same cd is a a cover of Hallelujah chorus by John Cale (I think). I listen and think, "That's not as good as the cover that Sonya put on that mixed cd she burned a couple of years ago (this is Jeff Buckley's version)." Within minutes, my cell phone rings and it's Sonya! So, then I get to thinking about Jeff Buckley and remember that his father did the original version of a favorite This Mortal Coil song (Song to the Siren). Then, for whatever reason, I think of Teardrop by Massive Attack, which I've always loved (but just found out that it's Elizabeth Fraser from another favorite band, Dead Can Dance, who sings on it). Recently I heard an absolutely amazing cover of this song by Newton Faulkner.

Well, here's to some of my all time favorite songs, and the way all things are connected. Sometimes when we show up and pay attention, the universal pulse leads us in amazing directions.

No comments:

This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.