Click HERE to watch the video, or copy and paste this link into your browser: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Show up and let go....ole!
Kathy in her quest for self-realization and creative expression came across this short lecture by Elizabeth Gilbert, best known for her "freakish" success with Eat, Pray, Love. I was intrigued by the notion of "having a genius" and so I watched this lecture today. It is funny and insightful and reminded me of the times in my life that I felt most connected to everything -- a part of everything. One time stands out in particular. I was rehearsing for a flute recital and when I hit the high C in the middle of the piece, it sang through me in a way that I had never experienced. I felt bright and clear and full of love. My teacher felt it too. "Yes!" she smiled. The way that I think about this process is as being in the state of "allowing." It's amazing what can happen when we give up trying to control everything! Thank you, Kathy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
- About A Little Bit of Sparkle
- This blog, dedicated to my dear friend Summerlilly, is where I've been logging the things that make me smile or laugh or that get me to think about things in a new way -- things that sparkle. I hope that you will find something that does the same for you in these entries. Feel free to post a comment! I would love to hear what you think.
No comments:
Post a Comment